Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Frozen banana ice cream deal

So I'd been hearing for awhile now that people make raw ice cream from frozen bananas.

Ya whatever, I thought. Sounds sucky to me.

For the heck of it I froze a peeled banana today, and put said frozen banana in blender. (The blender scared me a little at first, but eventually got through it...have since read it's better to freeze the banana in chunks, duh.)

Well, I simply cannot believe how much like ice cream a frozen banana is. There's some banana flavor, but the cold mutes that a lot. Overwhelming is the ice-creamy way a spoon goes through it (think dense, heavy, creamy), and the ice-creamy way it melts in your mouth.

Next time (tonight!) I'm going to try this recipe for vanilla ice cream. You know my thing with that, olive oil and a little salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment