Thursday, February 9, 2012

You're quite right.

I've been gone a long time.

I left Orange County last Friday, and was in Los Angeles until Monday afternoon, for the funeral of Peach Manion. There's sort of a lot to say about it, but in a nutshell, as it relates to eating raw, she was 88, and knew me since I was three, and she was awesome and increasingly formidable to me probably starting around age 13. She was also somehow sort of a relative, such that my mother came from Minnesota to attend.

It was a surprisingly peaceful, kind weekend on a superficial level. But subterraneously (word?) pretty hot roiling tar. I knew that was my state on the drive up, then upon arrival forgot. But I compulsively ate junk the whole time. I think on Monday, heading out of LAX onto the 405 after seeing my mom off, it dawned on me that my eating was probably related to all the stuff that'd been going on. It was kind of a lesson, I guess. At this point in my eating raw, I probably should be journaling (yes, as opposed to blogging).

It's also taken a couple days back at home to get back into a 3-raw-deals-a-day kind of world. But I am, I am. Both yesterday and today.

Will start posting daily foodstuffs tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment