Friday, January 20, 2012

Also thinking about

maybe having Chato go raw vegan. Can dogs digest sprouted lentils or soaked buckwheat groats? I don't know if you've seen it, but there's a terrible photo going around Facebook of the ground animal paste that becomes Chicken McNuggets. It looks like pink frosting. It's too evil to post here.

The problem is that while Chato gets a relatively "clean" raw meat deal, it's probably not even one full step away from pink pre-Chicken McNugget evilosity. Both are ground animal paste, Chato's just hasn't gone the extra steps of ammonia, bleaching and frying.

I don't like that! It's also true that the raw meat deal is expensive. I can afford it right now, but sometimes, in the past, expensiveness has been a clue to a thing's not-rightness, for me.

Does anyone out there know anything about easing a dog into a raw-vegan way of eating? Daily nutritional needs like daily protein and fat would be superhelpful. And if I find anything out I'll post it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment