Monday, January 16, 2012

Thinking About

1. A raw "cream" I heard of lately made of 1/2 cup raw nuts (recipe says cashews, but maybe any will do...come to think we do have some macadamias around, hm...) + 1/2 young coconut + 2 Big Dates + dash salt. Gotta buy the dates. Will keep you posted.

2. How the mixed nut supply ran out the other day (about 2 gallons' worth). The last time I filled it, maybe 6 months ago, the nuts cost probably $35 altogether. Yesterday I bought cheap raw nuts for it, though (duh!) for about $20 altogether (sunflower and punkin seeds, and raw peanuts...those were probably $10, but then I got almonds too...) Anyway, I was just thinking, this is my "meat" supply for the next season-to-6-months. I just think it's so wonderful that it's cheap, stays fresh for so long, promotes physical health and doesn't kill animals.

3. I haven't craved meat so far, this year, at all. (Have craved chocolate, but not meat...and have craved meat when eating cooked vegetarian in the past, just not eating raw vegetarian.)

No comments:

Post a Comment