Thursday, January 5, 2012

Ok. So.

So this is good. We're learning we're very...interested...in...well...protein...fat...and salt.

And that's, okay.

I know I haven't said much about Jinjee's year-long raw challenge plan thingy (the "Raw Empowerment Program") yet. I've been mistakenly daunted by it. Finally had a look around tonight, though, and it's so much simpler than I'd thought. Also big-hearted, exciting and sensible.

Sensible thing #1: She's got different "tracks" you can make meals from, depending on what you're really interested in (losing weight, low-sugar/carbohydrate, "balanced" or high protein).

Big-hearted thing #1: For each track, right upfront she gives you a year's worth of recipes, shopping lists and menu planners, and you can download materials for all four tracks at once. I think the idea might be to get comfortable from one track, with the online "community" and rhythm of meals, and then go exploring as other tracks call.

Another lovely big-spirited aspect of the plan is how often we're scheduled to eat! Breakfast, brunch, lunch, snack, dinner, snack! How civilized. I have been getting hungry sort of soon after each raw-food-intake this week.

Oh, I'm so excited about starting the high protein track tomorrow! (No, I don't have a life -- and that's, okay.) I guess the way it'll work is, breakfast -- any fruit recipe; brunch -- any nutmilk recipe; lunch -- any "veggie" recipe; afternoon snack -- any nuts'n'seaweed recipe; dinner -- any "veggie/nut" or nut recipe; and evening snack -- any green juice recipe, or a piece of whole fruit.

Fing how rich is this life!!?!?!?! I'm the luckiest girl in this whole studio apartment!

No comments:

Post a Comment